Zone Jail was a prison within the No Zone. Overseen by Warden Zobotnik and the Zone Cops, it held prisoners whose actions threatened other Zones or the structure of the Multiverse. Being within the No Zone, the jail features gravity that allows for both orientation to No Zone and the native parallel zones of the inmates, making it seem possible to walk on walls. Prisoners within the jail wear special Control Collars to suppress their powers and abilities along with a standard orange prison uniform. There is some strong emphasis from the Warden on "aggressive" reformation, while group therapy sessions for prisoners are overseen by Zouge the Bat. (SU: #29, #31).
Though security is usually tight within the prison, a riot took place days after the arrest of the Destructix when they attempted a breakout. During the chaos that followed, inmates Verti-Cal and Horizont-Al were freed of their Control Collars, unleashing their destructive demigod forms which inflicted severe structural damage to the prison as well. Eventually the situation was contained by prison staff and officers arriving as backup, but the Destructix succeeded in escaping along with Scourge as they had planned. In the end, more than 60% of the cell blocks were left damaged, forcing the prisoners to be housed in temporary shelters in the exercise yard. The repair efforts put into effect also resulted in costly diversion of needed resources by the Zone Cops. (SU: #31, #32)
- A version of Amy Rose, notable for being taller and bulkier than the Prime Zone version.
- A Ball Hog
- A version of Cream, Zone of origin unknown.
- A version of Drago Wolf who was part of a gang who enjoyed antagonizing Scourge.
- Jeffrey St. Croix
- A version of Jet the Hawk with spikier head feathers than the Prime Zone version.
- King Maxx
- Enerjak (possibly)
- A version of Knuckles with crystal claws.
- A version of Lupe who was part of a trio who tormented Scourge.
- A version of Mecha Tails.
- A version of Mephiles with mannerisms resembling that of Sonic Prime.
- A version of Mina Mongoose.
- A version of Nack lacking his trademark hat.
- A version of Ray the Flying Squirrel.
- Silver Snively
- A version of Sleuth Dawg with an eye patch who joined the resident Lupe and Drago in tormenting Scourge, only to have the Hedgehog take vengeance on them later.
- Smalls the Cat
- A version of Tommy Turtle.
- Verti-Cal and Horizont-Al
- A version of Void who was friends with the resident Mephiles.
- A version of Wave the Swallow; it is not known if she was connected to Jet's counterpart who was also an inmate.
- Wolf O'Donnell
- Crawling Robot
- Fire Spirit
- Humanoid Robot
- Long-tailed Lizard
- Pumpkin Head
- Red Angry Bird
- Red-eyed creature
- Sludge creature
- Tentacled creature
- Two Echidnas
- Two Rats
- Two Wolves
- A number of characters from other fictional universes have made cameo appearances in the Zone Jail. These include Wolf O'Donnell of the Star Fox video game series, Bebop and Rocksteady from the 1987 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon series and the Red Bird from the Angry Birds series.
- Additionally, Mephiles the Dark from Sonic the Hedgehog '06 made a cameo appearance. There are also alternate universe versions of Drago Wolf, Lupe Wolf, Sleuth "Doggy" Dawg, Void, Mina Mongoose, Wave the Swallow (the only alternate version ever seen), Jet the Hawk, Vector, Amy Rose, Knuckles the Echidna, Ray the Squirrel (the only alternate Ray ever encountered) and Tommy Turtle seen in this zone.
Two Off Panel strips for the Scourge: Lockdown arc featured a version of the Werehog in the No Zone, but this is non-canon. One strip also featured an attempt by the Zone Cops to take Feist into custody.