Super Transformation is an ability useable by certain individuals, living or robotic, that allows them to take on a more powerful form.
Known Super Forms
- Burning Blaze: Blaze the Cat can tap into her own super form using Sol Emeralds, a form which has pink fur, a red jacket, fire-colored arm and ankle bands, and a fiery aura. She first used this form to combat Dr. Eggman and Eggman Nega, and later against Captain Metal and the Egg O' War. (SU: #58, VG: SRu, SRuA)
- Super Armor Mega Man: Mega Man took on this form during both of his adventures with Sonic. He first attained it, with Sonics direction, within the Skull Egg Zone to prevent his world from being hit by the Super Genesis Wave. He later took on the form again to help Sonic in taking down Sigma and saving their fused worlds. (StH: #251, #275; MM: #52)
- Super Shadow: Shadow the Hedgehog has on several occasions used the power of the Chaos Emeralds to take on a golden-furred form. This form has served him against the Finalhazard, Devil Doom, and the monstrous Solaris in a timeline that was later erased. (VG: SA2, ShaH, S06)
- Super Silver: Silver the Hedgehog transformed into a golden-furred, red-eyed version of himself in order to help Super Shadow and Super Sonic fight Solaris, the fused form of Mephiles and Iblis. (VG: S06)
- Super Sonic: Sonic the Hedgehog has transformed into a gold-furred, red-eyed version of himself on multiple occasions, usually to combat the threat of Dr. Eggman. Among his fiercest battles in this form have been against Perfect Chaos, the Finalhazard, Metal Overlord, Solaris, the Egg-Wily Machine X, and Sigma. (VG: SA, SA2, SH, S06, StH: #251, #275; MM: #52)
- Devil Doom: Black Arms leader Black Doom previously took on this form to battle Super Shadow, but was defeated. (SU: #60)
- Metal Overlord: a monster form assumed by Metal Sonic but defeated after battling Team Sonic, Team Chaotix, Team Dark, and Team Rose. (VG: SH)
- Neo Metal Sonic: a slightly advanced version of Metal Sonics usual form, which he attained after enhancing his AI, which would later transform into his Metal Overlord form after copying the data of his enemies. Metal Sonic returned directly to his original form after the defeat of his Overlord state. (VG: SH, StH: #270)
- Overclocked Nicole: a form Nicole the Holo-Lynx took on when Dr. Ellidy placed a Red Star Ring in her handheld. (SU: #74)
- Perfect Chaos: the final form of Chaos, who transformed into Perfect Chaos after absorbing all seven Chaos Emeralds. (VG: SA)
- Sigma-3: the ultimate form of Sigma, obtained through the absorption of energy from the Unified World. (StH: #275; MM: #52)
- Perfect Dark Gaia: the fully matured form of Dark Gaia, achieved once the deity regains all its lost energy. (StH: #286)
- While most of the games seem to feature a time limit for Super forms, it does not appear that this is the case for the Archie comics series.
- The Super Transformation was first implemented in Sonic 2 with Super Sonic as a secret cheat after getting all seven Chaos Emeralds. In Sonic 3 and Knuckles, multiple characters with super forms became a trend in games such as Sonic the Hedgehog 2006, Sonic Rush and Sonic Adventure 2.
- The Metal Sonic transformation in the Knuckles Chaotix special was never named in the comic, but in the game it was called "Metal Sonic Kai". It was later named Titan Metal Sonic in the bonus information at the back of the first volume of the Sonic Universe Graphic Novel Series.
- NICOLE is currently the only non-Sega Sonic female character to possess a Super Transformation and the second female overall, after Blaze, to possess one.
- Ian Flynn originally intended for X to gain a super form along with Sonic and Mega Man during the climax of Worlds Unite, however the idea was rejected by SEGA.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.