formatting it to ensure it meets the site's criteria.
Archie Sonic Universe Issue 60 is the sixtieth issue of the Archie Sonic Universe comic series.
Shadow and Team Dark versus an invading alien army! 'Shadow Fall' Part Two: The mission to save humanity is falling to pieces! With Rouge, Omega and G.U.N. are on the run from murderous aliens and Shadow battling for his life - and his free will - against the malicious Black Death and Eclipse, the world is running out of time! Loyalties are tested, aliens are blasted, and NEW characters make their debut in this space-faring new issue! Featuring cover art from Tracy Yardley! and an Alien Invasion Variant from Vincent Riley (Native Drums).
- Shadow Fall - Part Two: "A Shadow in the Dark"
Using Death's Eye, Black Death watches in anticipation as the Black Arms neuro-toxin seeps into the chamber where Rouge, Omega, and Spider Troupe are gathered. However, the G.U.N. forces prove to be prepared for this situation, donning rebreathers to protect themselves from the gas. Frustrated by this turn of events-and by Eclipse's determination to win Shadow back to their cause-Black Death dispatches the Black Annelids to destroy Shadow's allies. Elsewhere, Shadow confronts Eclipse, demanding to know how the latter is blocking his Chaos Control abilities. Eclipse responds by entering Shadow's mind in an attempt to join him to the Black Arms hive mind.
Recounting Shadow's history-how he defeated Devil Doom as Super Shadow-Eclipse reveals that in doing so he destroyed many of the Black Arms. However, Black Death-the current hive mind of the species-had been left behind on another world to finish its conquest, and sensed Black Doom's defeat. Realizing that the surviving Black Arms needed an edge if they were to succeed where Black Doom had failed, they created Eclipse, an elite Black Arms soldier who could operate independently of the hive mind. Eclipse explains that he was created to destroy Shadow, but that he wishes for the two of them to stand together and save the Black Arms from extinction. Shadow resists, forcing Black Death to join Eclipse in his efforts to brainwash the Hedgehog. The pair remind Shadow of the evils he has witnessed on the world he has sworn to protect, and that his immortal nature-the result of his Black Arms heritage-means that he will outlive all the friends and rivals he has made.
Escaping the Annelids, the other G.U.N. troops continue to make their way deeper into the New Black Comet in order to plant their nuclear device. As they do, Rouge expresses concern over Shadow's absence, wondering whether he's been captured or is off being a "brooding loner," with the latter notion prompting obvious irritation. Shadow, meanwhile, resists the joint attempt to brainwash him, but is unable to stand against Black Death's final mental push. His loyalty to the Black Arms reinstated, he joins Eclipse and a force of Black Arms in meeting the G.U.N. forces. He then engages Rouge and Omega in battle, ignoring their efforts to get through to him, while Eclipse goes after Spider Troupe.
Black Death gloats over his ability to use Death's Eye to spy on his enemies, only to realize that its vision is fuzzy. Subsequently, he takes it to an optometrist's office to administer eye drops from an industrial size bottle before putting in a contact lens.
- Team Dark and Spider Troupe pull on gas masks, rendering the Black Arms' nerve gas useless.
- Eclipse psychically elaborates on his and Black Death's history in his attempt to brainwash Shadow into rejoining the Black Arms.
- After Eclipse's failed attempt, Black Death attempts to brainwash Shadow and succeeds.
- The mind-controlled Shadow and the Black Arms hunt down and attack Team Dark and Spider Troupe.
- Two flashbacks to the game Shadow the Hedgehog appear in this issue. One shows Super Shadow battling Devil Doom, the other shows Commander Tower pointing a gun at Shadow. Interestingly, the latter scene with Tower was only a possible scenario that could've occurred in the game, due to the game's nature of letting the player choose the direction of the story. Its appearance here indicates that the scene is at least 100% canon in the comics version of the game.
- Rouge is shown wearing the Air Necklace, an optional upgrade from Sonic Adventure 2. Ironically in the games, Knuckles the Echidna was the only character that could use this device.