The SONIC/MEGA MAN crossover event GOES BOOM! "Worlds Unite" Part Six: The war against Sigma has been waged! Sonic, Mega Man and X lead their unified friends against hordes of Mechaniloids led by the armored, super-powered Deadly Six! That sounds pretty scary and exciting, and now is definitely the time for everyone to work together and pay close attention. Especially Sticks. She tends to do some distracting stuff, like falling off the Sky Patrol and landing into a Genesis Portal or something—wait? Did she really? Well, where did she land? No way! Is that - -?! You won't believe where Sticks lands, but what you BETTER believe is that this issue sports some awesome cover art by Patrick "SPAZ" Spaziante and the return of the EVIL FRIENDS FOREVER (E.F.F.) variant by Brent McCarthy! Plus part 6 of the epic 12-part connecting variant cover series by artist Ben Bates!
- Worlds Unite - Part Six: Fire in the Sky
The Sky Patrol arrives in the Lost Hex's airspace, and the unified army of Freedom Fighters, Robot Masters, Maverick Hunters, and Team Sticks find themselves facing the Deadly Six and an army of Mechaniloids. As the heroes face off with these enemies, Mega Man shouts his determination out to his enemies, while Sonic encourages him to take things easier. Battling Mechaniloids, X and Zero recognize ones that they've defeated previously and realize that Sigma-1 must be using the Genesis Portals to bring them back. Comedy Chimp and Fastidious Beaver, very much out of their element, turn tail and run for cover, much to the annoyance of their "leader" Sticks the Badger. As she pursues her fleeing team, the Navigators warn the others of the approaching Deadly Six.
Within the Sky Patrol, Nicole helps to keep an eye on Drs. Eggman and Wily, who insist it is unnecessary. While working on a device, the two have privately used the commotion to begin preparing a back-up plan, as well noting the escape pod location in the event they need to jump ship and reach the Lost Hex and the Master Engine.
At the battle, the Deadly Six arrive and prove to be more of a challenge than the Mechaniloids. X has Sally inform the others to finish off the lesser foes before they regroup to take on the Zeti. Sigma, meanwhile, continues to revive more commanders and pulls others from the future (like Bamboo Pandamonium and Burn Rooster), confident in his ease of troop replacement.
Sticks, her attempts to corral her former team having failed, rushes to the aid of the others and is hit by Zomom, falling off the Sky Patrol into a Genesis Portal. She arrives in another world, where she's met by a Chinese woman who inquires as to who she is.
After taking care of all Mechaniloids, the heroes use teamwork and their unique abilities to subdue the Deadly Six. The Zeti appear defeated and Zero notes the armor is controlling them through use of the Sigma Virus. He suggests to put them out of their misery, but X doesn't condone it as they are living beings and offers the Deadly Six a chance to surrender. However, the Zeti use this time to pull out their technopathic abilities and all robots find themselves unwillingly under their control and ready to turn on the Freedom Fighters.
Sticks puts her head through a Genesis Portal to find out where it leads, only for the other end to open behind her, leaving her staring at herself looking into a Genesis Portal while Mega Man looks on.
- The heroes battle the Deadly Six.
- Sigma resurrects more Mavericks, including Armored Armadillo, Agile, Double, Mattrex, and Ride Boarski, and uses the Genesis Portals to bring Mavericks from Mega Man X8, including Burn Rooster to the Lost Hex from the future of X's world.
- Sticks falls in a Genesis Portal and ends up in the world of Street Fighter, where she meets up with Chun-Li.
- Sonic cleverly lures mind controlled Zavok to be blasted by Mega man after his homeie attack's been blocked.
- Sonic with the freedom figthers and Mega man with his teqm defeat the mind controlled deadly six together.
- The Deadly Six use their robot-controlling abilities to control the motions of Mega Man, the Robot Masters and the Maverick Hunters, and force them to attack the other heroes.
- Zavok: We are the Deadly Six. We do not surrender. We conquer. We kill. WE CONTROL!
- This is the second issue in a row in which Sticks is the only Sonic Boom character to appear on the cover. This is also the first ever issue in which the Sonic Boom incarnations of Sonic, Knuckles, Amy, Tails, Eggman, Orbot and Cubot don't appear.
- This issue marks the return of the "Evil Friends Forever" variant cover, the first and only time is it was seen as a reference to the series of variant covers featured in Worlds Collide.
- Street Fighter character Chun-Li makes her debut in this issue, however only a small part of her body is shown.
Cameos & References
- The unified army character page is similar to a character select screen from Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, a game that both Sonic and Mega Man, as well as Street Fighter's Ryu, appeared in.
This issue has been reprinted in the following places:
- Archie Sonic Boom Issue 9 at Mega Man Knowledge Base
- Archie Sonic Boom Issue 9 at Sonic News Network